Live webinar: "Sustainable Sourcing from Uzbekistan"
is just around the corner
Friday, January 29th | 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. ET
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Webinar hosted by
Here's what to expect:
On Friday, January 29th, starting at 10 am ET, Uzbekistan’s Deputy Prime Minister Sardor Umurzakov will participate in live webinar to unveil summary results of the world’s first “sovereign ESG report” about the country’s sustainable sourcing efforts. The unique report provides context for businesses looking for new and alternative global sourcing destinations. The one-hour webinar will include keynote remarks, followed by a moderated panel discussion.
Deputy Prime Minister, Republic of Uzbekistan
- Greetings from Partner-Organization by Andrew Gelfuso, Director, World Trade Center, Washington, D.C.
- Welcome and Introduction by Carolyn Lamm, Chairperson, American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce
- Keynote Remarks on Sustainable Sourcing in Uzbekistan by Sardor Umurzakov, Deputy Prime Minister of Uzbekistan
- Highlights of Sovereign ESG Report by First Deputy Minister Laziz Kudratov
- Current Status of Forced Labor in Cotton Harvest by Jonas Astrup, Chief Technical Officer, International Labor Organization
- Working in Uzbekistan by Dan Patterson, President, Silverleafe International
- Opportunities in Textile Sourcing in Uzbekistan by Ilkhom Khaydarov, Chairman of UzTextile Industry Association
Elena Son, Executive Director, American-Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce
Who Should Attend:
Foreign relations, Trade, Economic and Labor agencies
Textile, cotton, fashion, retail and similar industries
Chambers of Commerce members
Industry associations, especially textile, retail, fashion and apparel
Emerging markets/ Central Asia
Foreign Policy, International Trade, Finance, Sourcing/Textile industry